Tuesday, February 28, 2012

The Wait is Over

I have literally been waiting MONTHS for this. MONTHS! And now that it is finally here, I am extremely excited but also a little disappointed.





It is an epic poster, truly epic. But only because of the characters. What I'm trying to say is...they could have done better. You can't see anybody's feet, that disturbs me. Several of them seem to be the wrong size. Cap looks epic, but out of place. Hawkeye looks so very UN-Hawkeye. Hulk looks like he was popped in as an after thought and is WAY to big (if you look at the Avengers Super Bowl trailer, you'll see that he is actually not that much taller than every one else.) I love it, buts it's messy. I've seen fan-made posters that are better than this.

Seriously, I love the poster, I really do. It grows on me more every time I see it.

The biggest problem? No Loki. All the other comic book movies have the villain on the front, in some way or another. And it is also very, VERY common to have the villain on a comic book cover, either fighting the hero/s, or looming in the background much larger than the heroes to symbolize how powerful he is.

Again, I really, really love it. As a fan I love it. As an artist and a comic book nut, maybe not quite so much, but I do love it.

Jay

No comments: