Tuesday, July 3, 2012

The Amazing Spider-man

Well, today, my mother, sister, and I went to see the premier of "The Amazing Spider-man." Ladies and gentlemen, I am very, very pleased to announce, your Friendly Neighborhood ​Spider-man ​finally​ got the movie he deserves. It was a masterpiece.

Since it was the premier, I was worried that we wouldn't be able to get seats, so I had us leave an hour early. Yes, I have the best mother and sister in the world. In the end, we waited an hour and only like ten other people came. I was like WHAT? This is the premier!!! Well, it was at 1:30 in the afternoon, I guess everyone was at work, or something. Ah well.

Oh, but it was magnificent. Really, it was just great. Peter was awesome, Gwen was awesome, Captain Stacy was awesome...they were perfect, actually. There wasn't a thing that they could have done to make them better. Sadly, I don't think that is the case with Aunt May. I really did not like her, for some reason. And Uncle Ben seemed just a ​tad​ off. I really loved the way they got Flash Thompson, though. I was like, wow, he's perfect! Dr. Conners and the Lizard were really wonderfully done, very believable.

I really don't think I have ever cried that much during a Marvel Movie. Actually, I don't think I've ever cried during a Marvel movie. Well, not like this, when I got teary during the Avengers, it was really just because I was being hyper nerdy, and well, maybe because Coulson died. But during this one, in the moments leading up to Uncle Ben's death, I was crying, just because it was so sad. It was just sad knowing that he was going to die and everything. The other time I cried, well, if I told you it would be a spoiler.

Really, it was a seriously awesome movie. It was just a delight to watch. It was a work of art. Just the way it was filmed, and the colors and city, and Spidey, it was just very pleasant to look at. It's hard to explain. Watch it, maybe you'll understand.

It was fun, it was moving, it was awesome, it was brilliant, it was...

Amazing.

Jay

No comments: