Friday, April 29, 2011

April 29, 2011


The union, I approve.

The dress, I approve.

The best man, I approve.

It was lovely. All of it.


(I am talking about Prince William and Princess Cathrine. In case it isn't obvious :) )


Quite honestly, right up until I was sitting on the couch at 4:00 in the morning, I really don't think I had been at all exited about this wedding. I had been like sure, whatever, it'll be neat to see what she wears. But then and there, as it was happening, as history was happening, I realized...it was
glorious.

No, glorious really doesn't come close. Nor awesome, nor amazing, nor splendid, nor lovely. I am left with no choice but to say
magical. (Sometimes English falls so very short...) Don't get my wrong here, I am in no way shape of form a romantic. But this wasn't a fairy tail, even though every one called it one, that is what was so wonderful about it: it was real.

It was the future King of England and a woman who seems very nice becoming man and wife in an ancient abbey, where his ancestors have been wedded and crowned for hundreds and hundreds of years. It will be history some day. Really, it was genuinely amazing. I love watching history, particularly when it is so beautiful and the best man has a killer grin. I know like 1/3 of the world was watching, but I still feel very, very fortunate and special to have gotten to have seen this wedding.

They actually love each other. It was obvious. It was a beautiful thing to see; the way they smiled at each other. And everything I've heard about them, they actually sound like a nice couple. And that makes my very, very happy.



William and Kate, I love both of you in a very special way and I wish for you nothing but all the very best.

Sincerely,

Julie


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wasn't one of the ones watching. I wouldn't mind seeing it, but we don't have a TV. What I've seen of the dress does look beautiful, though. :)

~ A.K. ~

Julie said...

It was a beautiful dress, I thought you might like it. :)


Jay