Thursday, May 5, 2011

Superman...Likes Pink?

Well...to a MARVEL Comics fan....this is embarrassing.

Last night, through an absurd twist of fate and circumstance, I found myself watching Superman. Yes, Superman. Christopher Reeve, Margot Kidder, 1987, Superman. Purely for it's historic and iconic value. It's what my family was watching.

I never liked Superman. I mean, what was there to like? Batman is the only DC character I like, and, well, I really never was one to go for the slick black hair and goody-two-shoes attitude.

He also had the fashion sense of a colorblind cucumber.

But even the outfit isn't what bothers me most about Superman. He is an alien. THAT bothers me. A Lot. I mean, we humans are pretty neat....when we want to be. And to me, the fact that we need an ALIEN, ET, and outsider to be our mightiest hero, it is insulting. Very much so. I mean, what business dose someone who wasn't even born on our planet have defending our ideals?!? THAT IS WHAT CAPTAIN AMERICA IS FOR. Maybe I am just racist against aliens.

All that aside, I really have to confess...






He was charming.





AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHH
HHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ISAIDITISAIDITTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Ducks head in shame.*

Yeah. I said it, he was charming. In a weird, stupid, child-like way.


I actually kinda enjoyed the movie, 'cause, really, some parts were actually kinda neat. I think maybe three.

Well, I never thought I'd say this, but I think I may have a minuscule, teny tiny, wee little bit of respect for Superman. Like 1%. But that is more than I had.

And yeah, he likes pink. What's with that?



Bye!



Jay

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I liked Christopher Reeve as Superman. I did NOT like Margot Kidder. I just couldn't figure out what he saw in her.

If you ever get a chance, check out the old TV series with George Reeves. Very different sort of Superman, but I think I like him better, despite the very really old special effects. :)

~ A.K. ~

Julie said...

Yeah, from what I know about Superman, Christopher Reeve does a great job. And yeah, that was REALLY not how I always thought Lois Lane should be. What did he see in her? Everything. ;P

Haha, even older than the special effects from 1978?

Jay

Anonymous said...

Yes, I think it was made in the 50s.

~ A.K. ~

Julie said...

yeah, I did Google images for it, some of 'em were black and white. :)


Jay

Anonymous said...

That movie was exceptionally cheesy. Didn't it win a swiss award or something for it's cheesiness?


The TV series had me hooked well before the movie.


- you know

Julie said...

Wow. That pun. Talk about cheesy. ;P

Like I said, I was just watching it for it's historic and iconic value, not for entertainment or anything. If you don't take it seriously, it is OK.

Like the Princess Bride.

Jay