Friday, May 13, 2011

THOR

Well, I have a new favorite movie now.

Yesterday we went and saw Thor.



THAT WAS AWESOME!!!!



I mean, dude, it was every bit as epic and amazing as I thought it would be!

I do have to say, though, the plot left a teeny tiny bit to be desired. That was a bit disappointing. But it was the only thing about the movie that was.

This visual effects were absolutely stunning. (Oscar worthy.) Asgard has to be one of the most amazing things I've ever seen in a movie. Gondor, Rivendell, Edoras, and Lothlorien all in one. And I am not exaggerating, it was actually that cool. The sound was just awesome. Really, really awesome. The costume design was simply phenomenal. (Also Oscar worthy.) The battle senses were AMAZING, to say the least.

And the characters were...they were...really, really, really, great. I loved all of them. Odin was excellent. Frigga was lovely. the Warriors Three were awesome and a delight throughout the whole movie. Sif, I love Sif. Sif was Awe.Some. She was super cool. (But then again, I have always liked warrior maidens.) And I want her clothes.Yeah, some of my favorite parts were of Sif and the Warriors Three. They were so cool. Dude.

Eric Selvig (A friend of Jane Foster's) was very cool. I loved Darcy. She was very fun. I even like Jane Foster. I hadn't been sure if I would. She was cute, though, and not in the least was annoying. For which I am very glad. S.H.I.E.L.D Agent Coulson was neat.

Heimdall (Guardian of the Worlds) was the absolute coolest person in the whole movie. Everything about him just radiated awesomeness. Lots and lots of awesomeness.

Loki...well, lemme put it this was, Loki was seriously cool. I don't normally say that about villains, but Loki was really, really cool. Quite honestly that was the best performance in the movie. Tom Hiddleston did a very, very good job. Very impressive.

Thor was...perfect. Really. Chris Hemsworth was simply marvelous as Thor. (No pun intended.) I mean dude, he was perfect as Thor. And Thor was very, very cool. I really can't say much, spoilers and all. But he was extremely cool. If the movie was a cake, he'd be the icing.

One of my uttermost favorite things about the movie was the references to other Marvel characters. It was awesome. I would elaborate, but spoilers, you know.

I loved it, and I can hardly wait until I get to see it again.

Jay

No comments: