Thursday, August 4, 2011

Captain America


The other day, we went and saw "Captain America: The First Avenger."


THAT WAS AWESOME!!!


It didn't have quite the same raw epicness that "Thor" did, but it was way more interesting. I loved it. They did a perfect job. Absolutely perfect. The casting was superb. At first I was a bit skeptical about Chris Evens playing The Captain. I mean, I'll I'd seen him do was Johnny Storm in the Fantastic Four. But he was simply wonderful as Captain America. Hugo Weaving as Red Scull was a stroke of sheer brilliance. Bucky was wonderful, but I do believe I would have preferred him being a bit more like he was in the comics (A teenager). Peggy Carter was great. It would have been very easy for them to have made her annoying, but she wasn't. Not in the least.

The action was epic. Like seriously epic. Watching gaboodles of HYDRA guys getting creamed with a shied is seriously awesome. Aw man. Captain America is like the only guy in the world with a motorcycle that can blow up tanks. That part was so cool.

Oh, it was such an awesome movie. The ending was awesome. I'd elaborate, but then I would spoil it. It definitely is one of my favorite movies, now.


Jay

No comments: