Wednesday, August 3, 2011

U.P.


I am in love with the Upper Peninsula, Michigan. Hopelessly. Deeply. Truly. In love.

We spent the last week of July up there, it was one of the most awesome weeks ever. I mean, the fact that we were up there with amazing family was a huge part of it. But the U. P. is one of the absolute neatest places I've ever been. The weather, the landscape, the white birches, the cool places, the great lakes, it was all
really cool.

"We drank the Great Lakes
Like cold lemonade,
And both got stomach-aches
Sprawled out in the shade.."

I thought of these lyrics from "Hot Air Balloon" several times. Ya' know why?

Haha, yeah. We drank the Great Lakes!!!

Well, kinda.

We drank from Lake Superior. And waded in Lake Superior and got rocks form Lake Superior and swam in Lake Superior and almost froze to death in Lake Superior.


(Lake Superior)

It was awesome. Really, really awesome. I had never really given Lake Superior much thought, but it was one of the single most awesome things I've ever seen. It was so...so....so BIG. You know, few things can compare to standing in this giant body of water and thinking to yourself, wow, at the other side of all this water is Canada. It was awe-inspiring.

Lake Michigan was really neat, too. Superior was awesome, Michigan was just plain fun. The water wasn't nearly as cold, and it stayed shallow very far out. There was this large rock in it that Kae and I went and climbed on. It was fun.

(Lake Michigan)

The U. P. is an awesome place and I will treasure the memories I made there forever.

I am in love with the Upper Peninsula, Michigan. Hopelessly. Deeply. Truly. In love.


Jay

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

:D !!!!!

~ A.K. ~

Anonymous said...

You should see the Pacific North West.

Glad you enjoyed yourself!



--you know who this is--

Julie said...

I like your comment, A.K. :D

Well, I know who you are, I hear the North West is a lovely place. Maybe I'll get to see it someday. :)


Jay