Sunday, October 24, 2010

Adam West Vs Christian Bale


(Believe it or not, that was the most intelligent-looking picture of the Adam West Batman I could find.)


There was no comparison, really. At all.

But if you were wondering, Christian Bale wins.

See, about three years ago, I saw a Batman movie. It was from the 60s and well,.... hm...lets just say that it was from the 60s. Now I have a friend who thinks very highly of Batman, and rightly so, and he was somewhat disturbed that my only experience of Batman was the Adam West Batman. He suggested this be remedied. And last night, it was.



I've got one thing to say about it. 8D

I just wanted to tell you that it was very cool and interesting and I won't bother you with details. I bothered Kae with details just when she was beginning to think she might want to see it. And now she doesn't want to. (I've got a really bad habit of telling her all of the worst stuff first.)

The movie is easily summarized in a few sentences.

"If you make yourself more than just a man, if you devote yourself to an ideal, you become something else entirely."

"But it's not who you are underneath, it's what you do that defines you."

"I seek the means to fight injustice, to turn fear against those who prey on the fearful."

And that is pretty much it.

So, now I no longer think of the Adam West Batman when I think of Batman.



Jay


P.S. And in case any of you were worrying, don't. My loyalties still lie with Marvel.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I never saw the Adam West Batman, but I do think Christian Bale is better than Michael Keaton...

~ A.K. ~

Julie said...

I've not seen any Michael Keaton Batman movies, but I think I'll just stick with Christian Bale...

:) JAY

CrazyGentleman said...

"(Believe it or not, that was the most intelligent-looking picture of the Adam West Batman I could find.)"

At this I LOL'd. XD

Aaaaah, so we have one who has allied herself with Marvel, do we? Well, as one who stands by the Distinguished Competition (DC. XD), I suppose now, acording to the laws of the internet, we're supposed to debate whether or not Superman could beat up the Hulk, and just what would happen if Batman fought Spider-man. ;)

Julie said...

Ha ha, N.W, HA ha! It is true! Just google Adam West Batman. *Snicker* Baggy spandex suit. :)

Dude yeah I'm "allied" with Marvel!!! Well, I hope you were being general about that, 'cause, I've never actually seen Hulk (Yet) or Superman, but I would probably side with Hulk...

BOY! Spidy would get on Batman's nerves with his constant "quippage". 8D Batman is stronger, much, much, muchmuchmuch stronger, but Spidy is *extremely* agile and could easily dodge him...the would probably cream each other before teaming up. Which they would no mater how reluctantly...

;) YD