Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Death By Photography


So, we had some snow. And around here, snow is a very big thing. Even more so this time, as this was about the most snow we've had here in about 6 years. Soooo, I have to go take pictures. It's what we do. Also my first BIG snow with my new camera. I get all bundled up head for the forest. (Any pictures worth taking are usually taken in a forest.) I snap a few of the trees and then Oh! I get this great idea. (Detect the heavy sarcasm.)

I sit down in the snow.

Now, I, being me, it is not overly unusual to do something of that nature (Read "something stupid.") Well, believe it or not, I actually wasn't sitting in the snow just for the sake of sitting in the snow. I am an artist. And though drawing with pencil is my main focus, I do sometimes do other stuff. Like photography.

Uh huh.

I thought there would be something artistic about taking pictures lying in the snow!




Heehee.

It was actually quite fun. Only a small fraction of the pictures were good, but some were OK. I also got some neat pictures of the trees above me, and I got to see the lovely snow falling off their branches.

But all of the sudden (And it did happen Very fast.) I got cold. VERY cold. Very, very cold.

So in the end, maybe lying on my back in 4+ in. of snow wasn't my most brilliant ideas...


Oh well. I'm weird like that sometimes...


Jay

4 comments:

dp said...

Maybe you are weird like that sometimes, but you're still a very fine young lady!

Anonymous said...

Ooooh, I like that last picture!! And sitting/lying in the snow doesn't seem all that dumb to me...

~ A.K. ~

Julie said...

dp, don't call me that again.

~A.K.~ Thank-you! And yeah, it really doesn't seem like something that you would think dumb. ;)


Jay

Julie said...

dp, don't call me that again.

~A.K.~ Thank-you! And yeah, it really doesn't seem like something that you would think dumb. ;)


Jay