Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Apocalypse

Kae and I very often have interesting conversations.

Like the other day, for example, she, being a Transformers fangirl, and me, being a Marvel nerd, were discussing what would happen if Soundwave and Loki ever got together. (And if you are not familiar with transformers or Marvel Comics, just take my word for it that that is the single most awesome Bad-guy combination ever.)

We were loading the dishwasher or something and I brought it up. One of us said something about how first they would charm 80% of the fangirl population. (Both Kae and I find Soundwave rather charming, I don't know what she thinks of Loki.) It must have been me, because I recall Kae saying something about 80% being to low.

It was pretty simple: they team up and take over the world. For those two, it wouldn't be hard. Then one of them takes out the other, it is just a matter of which one does it first. Kae was certain it would be Soundwave: "He'd just have to step on him." I knew otherwise, though. Loki would take out Soundwave. We argued about it a bit.

"But Soundwave is telepathic!"

"Yeah, but Loki's a god!"

I think I eventually convinced her that Loki would take out Soundwave.

Yes, it is a good and nice plan and all, Soundwave and Loki taking over the world, but there are the Autobots and I guess Thor would come to stop Loki (Prime is very, very big on not harming the humans, so he might not want Loki to get hurt, even though he's not human...), so I don't know how far they would get.

To bad: the two of them trying to kill each other would have made an EPIC fight scene...


Jay

No comments: