Sunday, March 27, 2011

How to Train Your Dragon


Well, for quite a long time now, I have been absolutely in love with the soundtrack of a movie that I had never seen: How to Train Your Dragon. (I always thought that was a bit odd.) Really it was the perfect music, kinda a cross between Owl City and Lord of the Rings. Yeah, awesome music. Perfect music.

And finally, I got to see the movie itself.

How to Train Your Dragon was every bit as epic as the soundtrack.

More so, even,
BECAUSE THE VIKINGS HAD SCOTTISH ACCENTS!!! I mean, you can't beat that, really, you can't. Vikings weren't Scottish, I don't think, but really, that was genuinely awesome.

So, I had been watching it for about half a minute when I said to myself, "I officially love this movie."

Hiccup: My name's Hiccup. Great name, I know. But it's not the worst. Parents believe that a hideous name will frighten off gnomes and trolls. Like our charming Viking demeanor wouldn't do that.

I've seen it four times , now, and guess what?

Hiccup: Most people would leave, but not us. We're Vikings. We have stubbornness issues.

I STILL OFFICIALLY LOVE IT!

Gobber:Trolls exist! They steal your socks, but only the left ones. What's with that?

Man, it is genuinely amazing. All of the detail, and and the facial expressions. And the scenery. I know, it's an animated movie, but the scenery is really, really beautiful. The whole movie is beautiful...and hilarious. It is about the funniest, most amazing movie there it.

Fishlegs: Chances of survival are dwindling into single-digits now...

Would I recommend it? Yes I would. Especially if you like 'Cars' and 'Lord of the Rings', 'cause it is, in a lovely little way, kinda like a cross between the two of them.

Gobber: Today is about survival. If you get blasted, you're dead. Quick! What's the first thing you're going to need?
Hiccup: A doctor?

If you ever watch it, let me know and I'll be happy for you. :)

Jay

2 comments:

CrazyGentleman said...

Epic film. Hiccup is a friend I wish I had, because of his constant snarky one-liners.

Astrid smacks him to the ground, "GAH! WHY would you DO that?!" Little stuff like that.

Julie said...

Ow YEAH! He has all of these glorious lines. A lot like spider-man. :)

"And now the spinning."

Jay