Saturday, March 26, 2011

Of Boring Books and Swimming Pools


Boring books are a lot like big swimming pools: when you start out it seems like you are making progress kinda quickly, but the farther in you get, the slower you get, and there is this place somewhere in the middle where you just seem to be treading, and treading, and not going anywhere. And while your arms and legs are working and while you seem to be turning the pages, you still seem to be treading in this one place somewhere in the middle.

I hate that place.

Just thought I'd tell you. :}

Jay

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And through what boring book are you toiling now?

~ A.K. ~

Julie said...

I don't think it would be polite to say, it is a *highly* acclaimed book, on personal leadership or something. I am not really used to reading books without plots, and I just find it really, really boring.

(My dear mother told me to read it, in case you were going to ask. )

Jay