Thursday, November 4, 2010

Anything is Possible

I've always had this sort of dream. And this night, with the aid of Kae, it came true.

We have this crock-pot lid (and a crock-pot, too.), and it is clear (not the pot, just the lid). It a wonderful round, simi-dome-shaped lid, with a blue handle screwed on in the middle. It always made me think of a Gungan shield (a Star Wars thing, if you didn't know), only the handle is on the wrong side.

Kae and I were doing dishes and I brought this up while I was drying the lid. I sighed and put it away, sad that my dream of the handle being on the other side and, therefore, making a Gungan shield, would never come true. When Kae said the most wonderful thing.

"You could unscrew the handle and put it on the other side."

I was ecstatic, filled with joy and hope. Could my dream of this lid being a Gungan shield come true?!?

"That is SO COOL!!! I can't believe you thought of that!!!" (I didn't mean it the way it sounded...)

I quickly went and got the lid and began unscrewing the handle. (All the time glancing up to make sure our mother wasn't coming.) I got it off, turned the lid over and rescrewed the handle on the other side.

There is was. My perfect Gungan shield, my dream come true! I was so happy. I said something about needing an energy sword (NOT a Gungan accessory) and unscrewed the handle, with some difficulty (Okayokay, I was turning it the wrong way...) and put it on the right side again. But I had done it. I was so glad. I'm not joking, I'm serious, it wad a dream come true.

So, thank you, Kae, for making it possible.

And keep in mind, Friends, Anything is Possible.


Jay

3 comments:

Anne said...

Julie, you are awesome beyond words! :)

Julie said...

Ow, Anne, thank you! :)

Anonymous said...

A Gungan shield!! Bliss indeed!!

~ A.K. ~